3. Try a new restaurant once a month
So far we have tried Kabul Kabob House and Minh's. At Kabul Kabob we had vegetarian sambusas, qabli palaw (lamb with rice carrots and raisins) and the sultani kabob platter with lamb and chicken kabobs with rice. Yum! At Minh's, a Vietnamese restaurant, we had the assorted appetizer, all of it delicious, and I had caramelized fish bowl but I don't remember what Wyatt had! Anyway, so far so good! I'm hoping we can go to Eamonn's in Alexandria soon - it's an Irish chipper! Yuuuum.
4. Try a new recipe once a month
Moroccan Spiced Chicken was the first recipe. I really liked it, very spicy.
6. Apply to CET, ACC, and scholarships
Done, wait-listed to ACC and accepted to CET!
16. Wear a dress for 33 days (3/33) I bought a new dress from Ross for $8 that I love - I can't wait until it's warmer so I can wear it more.
38. Freeze a meal a weekend
Going pretty well, I think we missed one weekend. So far it's just been pot pies and chili frozen, I haven't come up with other things we like that are good to freeze. Suggestions?
56. Remove make up with cold cream and wash face every night for a month
62. Go to the career counselor
Done but totally unhelpful.
70. Learn to knit and knit something to completion
As of today, learning via knittinghelp.com and I WILL knit something. I was using pencils and they weren't so easy to work with so I think I need to get some real needles.
78. Make 2 new “everyday” dresses
First one is in progress! The first one is from this pattern:
"Very easy" just as it says. I made a really simple mockup without the lining in less than an hour. The fabric for the final product is waiting to be cut now, it's kind of a peachy-orange color, appropriate because it is peach skin.