Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Damask day

Fabric shopping is something I don't need to do any more of for quite a while (especially since a very nice woman has generously given me two large bags of fabric in the last two days, in addition to two file boxes full of patterns! I'm eyeing a Christian Dior jacket pattern for my to-do list..) But anyway. I always always always can look at more fabric. Especially beautiful designs like those on the Westminster Fibers website.

I love damask recently, especially these two by Joel Dewberry (he has so many great designs!). I'd love to see a wall of the red but that might be a little overwhelming. So the "linen" is here for comparison. It's a good thing I don't have a house of my own yet, because who knows how I'd make any decisions!

This (somewhat bad screen cap of) Maroon 5 video, "This Love", also has one of those color schemes that I love in it. Surprisingly, I still like it even now - I was a little worried just now getting the capture that it wouldn't be what I remembered, but I do love the orange and pink. And of course cherry blossoms.

These three capture that same feeling pretty well for me! Although I'm not the biggest fan of the dark green..
I'm thinking I might have to really get a bolt or two of some of these. Someday they may come in handy...

No comments: